East Hill is a multi-faceted group of aviators and aviation enthusiasts. The original organization, the East Hill Flying Club, was created in 1952 by employees of Robinson Airlines who wanted to learn to fly. Over the years, other groups have been created or sponsored by East Hill. These include the not-for-profit East Hill Aviation Foundation, Aviation Explorer Post 62, and the East Hill Flying Academy.
This photo shows the original founders of EHFC in 1952, incorporated the following year. These original members were exclusively from Robinson/Mohawk Airlines on the "East Hill," which distinguished it from the "downtown" airport. Members of the community later successfully petitioned to be involved and the club grew and added aircraft accordingly; first a Stinson, then an Aeronca, and finally a series of TriPacers. Aerial photo from Tony Bavington.